Although learning a second language takes time and dedication, being bilingual is a beneficial skill to have. Language Learning can prepare you for the future, and In today's world, where communication is highly valued, being bilingual has many advantages. No large corporation, who deals in international markets, can afford to downplay the importance of having bilinguals on their team. This is noticeable when looking at job advertisements. Many corporations now seek bilingual employees for customer service, sales, interpreting, translation and many other reasons
- Being bilingual can assist you in so many ways in the work place. In any company, culturally sensitive communication is vital for daily business operations, hence the importance of having bilingual staff.
- It is also interesting to note that learning a second language increases your brain's effectiveness. Studies have shown that learning a second language has the ability to delay brain related diseases such as Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Learning a second language can also improve your awareness of the grammatical blunders you make in your first language.
- Learning a second language is an achievement you can be proud of. Once you learn a second language, learning the third, fourth and fifth will be that much easier. It broadens your horizons and opens the world of possibility to you.
- There are many different interesting and amazing cultures you can experience when you travel. Music, history, literature, style, dance, ways of greeting among others are fascinating things to learn and enjoy. When you are able to speak the local lingo, your experience is heightened, new relationships can be built and a much more memorable experience can be had. Language will no longer be a barrier when you travel to any part of the world. As a matter of fact, if you're able to speak different languages and learn about different culture, you will be loved and accepted by people anywhere you go. It will give you the opportunity to make new friends around the globe.
- Learning different languages can increase your chances of gaining employment, even in large corporations. There are many positions you can occupy in an organization if you are bilingual. You may have an advantage ahead of others to secure a great job.