These two points lead McWhorter to ask: Why should anyone learn foreign languages if everyone will either be able to speak English, or have access to technology that will automatically translate speech?
- If you want to imbibe a culture, you have to control the language the culture is conducted in. Languages are tickets to being able to participate in the culture of the people who speak them, and so if you want to imbibe a culture, you have to control the language the culture is conducted in.
- Bilingualism is healthy. If you speak two languages, dementia is less likely to set in.
- Being bilingual makes you a better multi-tasker.
- Learning languages full of different sounds, and different word order is fun.
Whether you want to learn a language for travel, business, love or to keep your brain active; VLLC have a comprehensive range of fully accredited courses to suit your needs.
VLLC aim to give students a voice and the self-assurance to speak through the practical application of the language. Key reasons to complete a course with VLLC include:
- You end up with a usable skill through language.
- You can build your confidence and have fun.
- You can reach a language goal without wasting your time.
- You learn correct pronunciation for practical usage.
- You can learn flexibly through the online client.
- You can become truly bilingual by thinking in your second language.
See how our language courses can help you and have a look at some of our Student's stories to see how learning a language can change your life.