The course must have a sufficient connection to your current employment activities as an employee and either:
- maintains or improves the specific skills or knowledge you require in your current employment activities
- results in or is likely to result in, an increase in your income from your current employment activities.
- doesn't have a sufficient connection to your current work activities
- only relates in a general way to your current employment – such as undertaking a full-time fashion photography course and working as a casual sales assistant on the weekends
- enables you to get new employment or change employment – such as moving from employment as a nurse to employment as a doctor.