Close your eyes and focus your attention on your breathing.
- Take a deep breath in, counting slowly to four and hold your breath in while counting for another 4 seconds.
- Slowly breathe out saying "relax" to yourself, letting all tension go as you do so.
- Continue breathing slowly in and out to the count of 4 saying "relax" as you breathe out.
- During the process, focus your breathing and the release of tension in your body as you release the air. Try picturing the tension flowing from you.
- Slowly come out of this state of relaxation. Count from 1 - 5, allowing yourself to become gradually more alert as you count. When you have reached 5, open your eyes and stretch your arms and legs before you resume your daily routine.