One of the ways you can do this is to use conscious visualization. So what picture do you see when you think about speaking your new language? Are you stuttering? Talking to an English speaker? Struggling to understand? If you are – let’s change the visual. For the picture to be really effective you need to ‘feel’ something when you see it. It should make you smile, internally as well as externally…..
IT MUST BE
- Personal – Can you see yourself in the picture speaking? Who are you speaking to?
- Present tense – Can you see it as happening now? It’s no point seeing something in a thought bubble as a future event (e.g. when I finish my course)
- Positive – Obviously!!
Remember the more you engage the language of your subconscious mind – Passion – the more effective your learning will be.
So some good pictures are:
- Around a family dinner table – we all enjoy food and wine.
- Shopping – see yourself doing some high spirited and effective bargaining.
- Restaurant – talk about the menu/ region specialties with one of the waiting staff.
Happy language learning….. Jo