- Take a deep breath in, counting slowly to four and hold your breath in while counting for another 4 seconds.
- Slowly breathe out saying "relax" to yourself, letting all tension go as you do so.
- Continue breathing slowly in and out to the count of 4 saying "relax" as you breathe out.
- During the process, focus your breathing and the release of tension in your body as you release the air. Try picturing the tension flowing from you.
- Slowly come out of this state of relaxation. Count from 1 - 5, allowing yourself to become gradually more alert as you count. When you have reached 5, open your eyes and stretch your arms and legs before you resume your daily routine.
VLLC considers this type of exercise beneficial for optimum learning capacity. What do you do to help yourself learn more effectively? We would love to hear your ideas.