- I absolutely love having a conversation in another language, being able to understand what someone is saying to me and that they can actually understand what I am saying to them gives me a real thrill every time, the novelty of it all never wears off and it really has the WOW factor that is impossible to describe.
- I have realized that the way I like to learn a language is to be able to talk and have a go without someone stopping me when I make mistakes.. Ok yes, I have also learned that I have an impatient streak!!
- Learning Russian has made me more inquisitive about the culture, helping me to understand things so much better through the language. The two really go hand in hand.
- I have developed huge empathy for non native English speakers living in Australia.
- I have learned to laugh at myself. Sometimes I don’t get it right – and yes, it’s actually funny, if you cant laugh at yourself then who can you laugh at?
I’d love to hear what you have learned about yourself in your language journey…..