Language learning can be frustrating as we all seem to focus on what we DON’T KNOW rather than focus on what we DO KNOW. I always find that it is good to set myself some minor goals so I can celebrate each achievement through the year – then the major goals tend to take care of themselves.
- Refocus on why you are learning – Can you still see yourself speaking your language fluently? Where are you? What are you doing? Who are you with?
- Decide to complete a certain number of lessons in the next few months– look forward in your homework book and see what you will be learning in the next 10 lessons;
- See if you can achieve your next certificate level -how many more lessons until you get to the end of your current certificate?
- Find a conversation practise buddy – is there is a community group or backpackers hostel in your area? Put a note on the community board so you can meet a conversation practise buddy. We are doing monthly language workshops in selected languages – find out if it will work for you?
- Set time in your week where you can actually do some review and homework – this way you won’t feel so unprepared for your tutorials.
- Plan your next trip – this is my favourite!!! I always get excited and motivated when I know when I am heading to Russia next.
Enjoy your language journey in 2018 – let’s see where it will take you…